HICKSTEAD has fine new cross-country schooling facilities, which opened last month, and are available for use at £36 per horse per hour. They are in two vast all-weather arenas connected with a surfaced track and have brought the largest facility of its kind to the South of England.
There is also a large water complex with a range of combinations jumping in, out and through the lake.
The obstacles range from 80 cm to advanced and are all marked – with purple for fences up to 80cm, orange for those up to 90cm, pink for fences up to 100cm.
Fences up to 105cm will have a yellow marker, and those over 105cm, a green marker.
Opening hours are: For the remainder of November: 0800 – 1500; December: 0900 – 1500.
CLOSED December 24th 25th 26th
January: 0900 – 1500; February: 0800 – 1600; March 1st – 30th: 0800 – 1700; March 31st: 0800 – 1800 (Clocks change) April 0800 – 1800
The surface is proven for the full range of Olympic and Paralympic disciplines and endorsed by the FEI. The 2012 mix is a very hard wearing surface and capable of supporting the highest levels of equestrian competition indoors and out.
80 cm – Fences up to 80cm will have a purple marker; Fences up to 90cm will have an orange marker; Fences up to 100cm will have a pink marker; Fences up to 105cm will have a Yellow marker aND ADVANCED FENCES OVER 105CM, A GREEN MARKER.
CLOSED December 24, 25, 26; January: 0900 – 1500;February: 0800 – 1600; March 1st – 30th: 0800 – 1700; March 31st: 0800 – 1800 (Clocks change); April 0800 – 1800.The surface
The Andrew Bowens syrface 2012 mix is made from multi-washed silica sand, three types of polypropylene fibre and a synthetic binder, delivering a huge step forward in performance surface technology.
Riding hats that adhere to the current BE safety standards, with no fixed peak must be worn.
- Body protectors that adhere to the current BE safety standards must be worn.
- Failure to wear correct safety equipment will void any insurance and result in the rider being ejected from the facility.
- Each booking is for one hour, starting at the time stated in your booking confirmation.
- Pre-paid advanced bookings only. NO cash on the day.
- Riders must be accompanied by an adult over 18, either on foot or mounted.
- No dogs in the arena.
- Dogs must be kept on leads at all times when on the showground.
- Users must thoroughly poo pick after using the facilities, tools and skips are provided.
- Parking is on the hard standing car park only. NO parking on the grass.
- No mucking out lorries or trailers anywhere on site.
- Car parks must be poo-picked.
- Riders and their companions must co-operate with other riders sharing the facility.
- Any bad behaviour or language towards other users or staff will not be tolerated and will result in an immediate suspension or ban.
- Damage to fences must be reported, you will not be charged.
- Fences must be checked before they are jumped, to check they are safe and the rider understands the obstacle.
- Flags must be replaced when knocked out.
- Do not jump a flagged obstacle in the wrong direction.
- Do not jump a fence with crossed flags.
- Do not jump a fence that is beyond your capability.
- Hickstead Ltd reserves the right to close the facility with no notice and stop any current hire, for reasons including, (but not restricted to): Health and safety, adverse weather conditions, emergency circumstances.
- Hickstead Ltd has taken all reasonable precautions to ensure the safety of the horse and rider. It is your responsibility to take precautions to prevent accidents. Hickstead Ltd reserves the right to remove riders from the facilities. Money will not be refunded. Hickstead Ltd does not accept any liability for any loss, damage, accident, injury or illness to horses, riders or any other persons or property whatsoever. No rider will be allowed on to the course unless these terms and conditions are accepted.