AFTER two strong performances in the first and third legs, Great Britain will head to Camphire in Ireland from July 27-30 for the next points winning opportunity of the 2019 FEI Nations Cup Series.
The team in alphabetical order is:
David Doel on Gillian Jonas’ 14 year old bay gelding Shannondale Quest
Flora Harris on Caroline Harris’ 15 year old grey mare Amazing VIII
Tom McEwen on Vicky Bates and David Myers’ nine year old chestnut mare CHF Cooliser
Rosa Onslow on Cindy Onslow’s 12 year old bay gelding RLE Limbo Kaiser
With three legs complete in the 2019 series, Sweden lead the way with a total of 215 points, closely followed by Italy on 210. Team GBR sit in 6th position having contested in two legs of the series.
The six best results of the seven legs count towards the overall total and the series will next head to France in August:
- 23-26 May: Houghton International, Great Britain (GB 3rd)
- 5-8 June: Pratoni Del Vivaro, Italy
- 27-30 June: Strzegom, Poland, (GB 2nd)
- 24-29 July: Camphire Cappoquin, Ireland
- 7-13 August: Le Pin au Haras, France
- 19-22 September: Waregem, Belgium
- 10-13 October: Boekelo, Netherlands
Could you represent GB on an Eventing Nations Cup squad?
British Eventing invites riders who meet the criteria below to apply for the British FEI Nations Cups squad in 2019.
The team of four will be chosen from those who have expressed an interest; it is hoped that at least one senior team member will be on the squad and at least two less experienced riders, as it is considered necessary for more riders to have international team experience. Some funding will be provided, depending on the event.
If you meet the following criteria please apply via the details below:
- Horse/rider combinations from past and present form in CCI4*-S, CCI4*-L and CCI5*-L who have had recent good form.
- Hold a current and valid British Passport.
- Are qualified for the forthcoming Nations Cups, horses can be owned by any nationality as they take on the nationality of the rider for a Nations Cup.
- Neither horses nor athletes are for any reason not allowed to take part in the forthcoming Nations Cups under BE, BEF, or FEI rules.
- Horse/Rider must be eligible according to the minimum eligibility criteria as defined in the FEI Regulations (Annex 2 BE Members’ Handbook).
If you would like to be considered please fill out the overseas application form HERE and send back via email to Gemma Harriss on email@example.com. Please also send any questions to Gemma.