Could you help with the future of injury prevention in event horses?
The Animal Health Trust is working with British Eventing, the British Equestrian Federation and World Horse Welfare to investigate risk factors for injury and illness in horses competing in BE events.
They are seeking riders and owners of horses who have competed in all levels of BE competition to take part in the online survey:
To be eligible to take part in the survey; horses must have competed with British Eventing, at any level and in any number of events. If you would like to participate it is asked that one survey is completed per horse, and thank you for taking the time to complete it. All information provided is strictly confidential and no details will be passed on to any third parties.
Results from previous studies led by the Animal Health Trust, with support from British Dressage, the BEF and the FEI, have been used to advise trainers, riders and owners about how to prevent injury in dressage and show jumping horses.
As well as helping injury prevention in event horses, anyone who completes this questionnaire will be eligible for entry into a prize draw worth over £1000 (entry optional). The prize package includes:
- A lesson with Richard Waygood MBE, World Class Eventing Performance Manager
- A lesson with Piggy French, member of the 2018 World Championship gold medal winning team in Tryon
- A Fairfax Performance Bridle of your choice
- A Fairfax Performance Breastplate
- British Eventing rider and horse membership worth over £250
- Hy Fashion bundle worth £200, includes a jacket, breeches and shirt
- A framed pastel head study of your horse by acclaimed artist Yvonne Lamden Cooper
- A pair of Fairfax Calf Stirrup Leathers
- Back on Track goodies
- Cool down boots from Premier Equine
- British Eventing branded saddle cloth from Griffin NuuMed
- Gift voucher to spend on tickets to the SsangYong Blenheim Horse Trials
- Bottle of Cool Down from Absorbing
To enter the survey go to:
If you would like further information on the project please contact Carolyne Tranquille at the Animal Health Trust. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 01638 751908