The British Equestrian Federation (BEF) has confirmed the eventing squad, selected by the British Eventing senior selectors, for this year’s World Equestrian Games in Tryon, North Carolina (USA), 11-23 September 2018.
Two experienced West Sussex riders are in the team as expected- Gemma Tattersall and Tina Cook.
The selected athletes are (in alphabetical order);
- Ros Canter from Lincolnshire, with Caroline Moore and her own Allstar B
- Tina Cook from West Sussex, with Elisabeth Murdoch and Keith Tyson’s Billy The Red
- Piggy French from Northampton, with Jayne McGivern’s Quarrycrest Echo
- Tom McEwen from Gloucestershire, with Jane Inns, Ali McEwen and his own Toledo de Kerser
- Gemma Tattersall from West Sussex, with The Soul Syndicate and her own Arctic Soul
Eventing Performance Manager, Richard Waygood MBE said: “This year’s team selection was extremely close, with great strength and depth coming through the nominated list. We head to WEG with a strong squad and I look forward to continuing to work with the selected athletes in the build-up, to ensure we are best prepared for Tryon.”
Equestrian Team GBR is supported by the UK Sport National Lottery funded World Class Programme; the British teams are very grateful to the support they receive from the British Equestrian Federation Fund and official partners Dodson & Horrell, Equi-Trek, FALPRO England, Musto, NAF and Point Two Air Vests.